I am delighted to introduce you to Eugenia, one of my Fierce 50 sisters. Over a year ago, the Fierce 50 campaign was launched and through it I became friends online with Eugenia, who is one of the most thoughtful and kindest bloggers I know.
Working in Pharmaceutical sales from 9 to 5, Eugenia, who has an enviable wardrobe and a glamorous style, blogs in her spare time. Her blog ‘The Age of Grace’ will impress you for many reasons. You can read about her anti-ageing routines, fitness and exercise tips, and she shares her knowledge on staying healthy as we age. And, of course, you can get a peek into her wardrobe and read about her latest purchases. Today we are featuring each other on our blogs. Read on and learn more about Eugenia.
1. Do you have a personal style and if so, how would you describe it?
Feminine chic. Having a pear-shape silhouette and I’m only 5’4″, it’s easier to wear dresses and skirts. Otherwise, I need to go to the tailor for alterations to shorten pants.2. Do you think there is such a thing as ‘age-appropriate dressing’?
I do and I don’t. I’d like to believe if you maintain a healthy weight and are ageing gracefully you can wear whatever you want. However, as you mature, some styles just look silly on a seasoned women trying to wear what her millennial daughter may wear. I do believe there are some styles that can be tweaked to being age-appropriate. I sometimes purchase clothing for my millennial and we both wear the same item differently and age-appropriately.
3. Your favourite fashion photo in the last year and why?
My favourite fashion photo from last year was my last photo of the year, a pair of wide-legged sequin pants with a royal blue wrap trimmed in faux-fur over a grey bodysuit. Why was this my favourite photo? Because my best outfits of the day are when I shop my closet, when I give life to items already worn but styled differently.
4. What is the best thing about turning 50?
The best thing about turning 50, it’s a life milestone being in great health and ageing gracefully. I vowed when I became middle-aged, I wouldn’t look or be old or look frumpy.
5. Where do you live (and is it where you were born)? What do you like most about it?
I currently live in Central Pennsylvania. I was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I like the small town feel after growing up in a major city. Small towns offer quaintness, peace and are great places to raise a family.
6. Do you have long-term goals for your blog?
I do have long-term goals for my blog, The Age of Grace. Eventually to partner with a major healthcare company with opportunities to have sponsors for meet-ups for health awareness and fashion clinics to help women who are not confident at this time in their lives.
7. What was your most popular blog in the last year? (and would you care to include a link to it?)
The Chico’s Casting Call Blog Post: http://www.theageofgrace.com/2017/04/20/my-chicos-casting-call-in-new-york-city/
8. What piece of advice would you give to your 16-year old self?
Refrain from chemical treatments to straighten my natural hair. I’m paying the price now with thinning hair.
9. What would you like on your tombstone in less than 20 words?
God-fearing, daughter, sister, wife and mother who always loved celebrating her life and remembering the birthdays of others.
10. 5 Fun Facts about yourself?
1. My childhood pet name is Cookie.
2. I attended charm school as a teenager.
3. I used to play field hockey in high school along with being a cheerleader.
4. I attended an all-girls private school in Philadelphia, my home town.
5. I studied Textiles in college and prefer natural materials over synthetic.
I hope you enjoyed learning about Eugenia. You can read her posts and follow her on The Age of Grace by clicking HERE
Thank you, Eugenia.