You must be hiding under a rock if you have not heard of the Seavite brand as it has pretty well got iconic status now. I have not used them before, but was delighted to be gifted some products to try them for myself.
Originally the brand was developed by Patrick Mulrooney in the 1990s to help treat his daughters’ eczema.
He believed that the ocean was a source of healing and regenerative ingredients just waiting to be harnessed and saw how living near it seemed to soothe his daughters’ skin. By combining pure botanicals and nutrient-rich Irish SEAWEED he formulated the Seavite range.
He was not wrong.
- Seaweed can be a good source of iodine, which contributes to normal skin, and also has includes zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and selenium elements important for healthy skin.
- It helps with pigmentation.
- It is clinically proven that certain seaweed elements can protect your skin from free radical attacks that may accelerate ageing.
- Certain seaweed extracts may be able to re-organise the cell membrane structure and restore them, making your skin look much healthier.
Years later in 2015, his daughters Katherine and Jane, medical doctors with Masters in Clinical Dermatology, re-formulated the range using scientific developments and proven anti-ageing ingredients, but staying true to the brand’s core values.
The new Super Nutrient range is so called due to the addition of clinically-proven, new organic seaweed extracts to all face and body products. These extracts are medical grade extracts, derived from the purest and most potent seaweed, marine extracts and botanicals.
While the formulas still centre around bolstering skin strength, calming inflammation and slowing down the signs of ageing, they are suitable for all skin types. But they are particularly loved by anyone with skin concerns such as eczema, rosacea, psoriasis and adult onset acne.
I have no issues with rosacea or sensitivity, just lines, wrinkles and sagging skin, but I really enjoyed using the products.
The Seavite Super Nutrient Comfort Cleanser comes with a muslin cloth and I single cleanse in the morning and double cleanse at night. Sometimes I use coconut oil first and then the Seavite cleanser. It is a very gentle, calming, yet effective cleanser.
Most of us realise now the importance of using a good serum, a serum that is right for you. A serum should be applied after cleansing and before moisturising. And it is even more effective following a shower, when the skin is more receptive. I have used numerous serums in recent years and I am very impressed with this.
We are talking about a highly concentrated liquid containing a big dose of nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants.
Seavite Serum contains some big players among other ingredients such as:
- Natural hyaluronic acid (I am a huge fan)
- Vitamins C and E
- Quince extracts
- and powerful amino acids to boost cell renewal and strengthen the skin barrier.
Super Nutrient Replenishing Creme
Again, this cream is packed full of good stuff such as nourishing plant oils, seaweed extracts and amino acids. It can be used morning and evening.
- It is difficult not to be impressed with the range. I like the fact that there are no parabens, mineral oils, skin irritants or hidden nasties.
- I love the natural organic seaweed included in all products.
- I like their scientific approach to skincare
They have taken their father’s original products not one step but several steps further. As I said earlier, I do not have overly sensitive skin, nor do I have rosacea or eczema, but I did find the serum and cream super-hydrating. My skin looks radiant and feels supple.
Seavite is in the mid-price range and not expensive considering the ingredients. Check out their website for more information.
Inspired by Seavite and all I have learned about seaweed in my research, I have taken to bringing seaweed home from our local beach and soaking my legs in it. I am not brave enough to swim, but I have been walking in the sea too. It definitely helps with my circulation issues with which I have been plagued recently.
The products are GIFTED but my opinions are all my own!
Thanks for reading.