I have been a fan of Lancome’s Teint Idole for a few years now and this new and improved Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation has given me more reasons to love it. There are now 50 shades, so I would be amazed if you did not find a shade to suit.
CHOICE OF 50 SHADES
You can access a shade finder service in store and online to ensure you get the perfect shade for you. I was lucky enough to be invited to The Merrion Hotel where the amazing Antonia Basile (Education Manager for Lancome in the UK and Ireland) introduced the updated Teint Idole and gave us a master class in how to apply our Lancome products. I also use and love the Teint Idole ‘all over concealer’ and the Skincaring Make-Up Primer in the circular white container (see pic below).
WHY I LIKE IT
- It minimises imperfections, evens out my skin tone and provides good coverage. Yet it feels light on my skin and looks very natural. It does not cake like some other foundations or sit in my lines and wrinkles.
- I love that it has skincare ingredients too.
- Concentrated with Hyaluronic Acid and 81% Skincare Serum for instant and long-term skin benefits.
- Enriched with Vitamin E and Moringa to protect the skin barrier.
- It has SPF 35 for added protection, but I would still use a separate SPF.
OTHER REASONS TO LOVE IT
- Transfer proof
- Sweat proof
- Suitable for all skin types from mature skin like mine to acne-prone skiin
- Natural matte finish
- 24-hour coverage. I am unlikely to be able to test this! No more all-nighters for me.
HOW TO APPLY
Tips for a flawless application, every time:
1. Add one pump of foundation to your sponge.
2. Swipe over cheeks, forehead, chin and nose.
3. Use the sponge to blend the foundation with light dabbing movements.
And online at www.lancome.ie
I have also been loving some other Lancome products, which I wrote about in a recent post.
NU BARE LOOK TINT YVES ST LAURENT
Another excellent hybrid skincare and make-up range to try is Nu Bare Look Tint by Yves St Laurent which has a 90 skincare base enriched with hyaluronic acid and marshmallow. This is also super light on your skin, plumping and hydrating.
If you like make-up that does not look like make-up, then maybe one of these is for you. There are so many out there to try it can be quite confusing. I am also a fan of No 7 Restore and Renew Serum Foundation with SPF 30.
If you have a favourite, let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading.