I am IN LOVE with IT CC cream. This is the BEST foundation/ make-up/ cc cream ever. I am not usually given to superlatives, I swear. Developed in conjunction with plastic surgeons and dermatologists, it has rapidly gained cult status.
Yes, IT Cosmetics has produced the perfect CC+™ Cream with SPF 50. It is like a second skin: ‘Your own skin but better’.
Maybe you’ve never heard of it. I only learned about it when I was invited to the launch of some of their new products. Now I am hooked. At the moment, you can get it in Arnotts (and online at www.arnotts.ie) and in Brown Thomas in Cork, Limerick and the Beauty Lounge in Dublin (and online at www.brownthomas.com).
Photo below – at the launch of IT’s latest lippies with their gorgeous ambassador Rose Gallagher.
WHY AM I IN LOVE?
- It gives perfect full coverage, but it feels really light on my skin
- It camouflages imperfections, even dark spots
- It has pore-minimising primer
- It makes my skin look smoother, luminous and radiant
- It seems to minimise wrinkles
- It is moisturising and hydrating
- It makes my skin look BETTER in every way
- It has SPF 50+UVA/UVB physical sunscreen
- It is cruelty-free
Collagen depletes as we age and its loss causes sagging and wrinkles.
Peptides not only help stimulate collagen growth, but they also deliver copper into the skin, which can help the skin heal faster. Made up of amino acids, peptides are compounds that send signals to your cells to produce more collagen, which is one of the major building blocks of your skin (see above).
I have written about this before. It has been estimated that hyaluronic acid (HA) can hold up to one thousand times its own weight in water. It has an unrivalled ability to hydrate our skin.
Antioxidants are important for two reasons. They prevent degradation of natural ingredients (proteins, sugars, lipids) in the cosmetic product. Antioxidants protect the skin cells from being damaged and slow down the aging process. They have been shown to boost the skin’s radiance, minimize age spots, sun spots, and fine lines.
VITAMINS A, C, B, E
We all know how important it is to ensure we have plenty of vitamins in our diet and many of us take supplements too. But vitamins are also important in skin care.
- Vitamin A is becoming more widely used and is a potent anti-ager.
- Vitamin C helps with brightening skin and reducing pigmentation.
- Vitamin B helps with the skin’s texture and also to reduce fine lines, because it keeps the skin moist.
- Vitamin E helps to protect skin against UV rays and pollution.
All the above ingredients work in harmony to diffuse the look of wrinkles, minimise pores and give you a more radiant and flawless-looking complexion. What is not to love?
- Provides chemical-free broad spectrum coverage (protects against both UVA and UVB rays)
- Acts like tiny mirrors reflecting light
- Less likely to cause irritation on your skin
I was faithful to Charlotte Tilbury for years and used her Light Wonder. (I still use many of her other products) But now that I have discovered this all-in-one multi-tasking beauty miracle, I have switched my allegiance. And there will be no going back.
There are seven shades from which to choose – fair to deep -and I am sure there is one to suit you. Do yourself a favour and see if you can get your mitts on this amazing CC cream. It is €39 50, but IT is money well spent.
You will not be sorry.